Better equipped to care™…Safety Manager serves as a single source portal to systematically track, measure, document and demonstrate actions taken related to incidents discovered during scheduled safety and environment of care (EOC) rounds, common errors and events that occur more routinely in the course of everyday care, environmental hazards and equipment hazard notices and recalls. This incident and risk management solution helps standardize procedures to quickly discover, address and resolve safety issues, including those required by governing bodies such as JCAHO and the FDA. It ensures those responsible for hospital safety, including safety directors, risk managers, facilities managers, and other service personnel, are instantly and consistently informed and can quickly respond. This solution is ideal for the hospital administration wanting to look at the big picture; align different levels, departments and personnel within the hospital system; and get to the root of safety issues. Creating a culture of safety leads to more reporting and better evaluation — so all hospital personnel can execute to the disciplines fundamental to the health system's safe and quality environment of care. Improve quality and safety in your hospital with a solution that tracks incidents to resolution — a full, closed-loop process.
Utilize a single source to manage all your safety data
Collect, track and evaluate environment of care, facility and equipment risk, and safety incidents. Classify at time of collection by domain, type, department and priority.
Foster an environment of reporting and collaboration
Access this Web-based solution from any hospital computer to report safety and risk incidents, review if an incident has been previously reported, check corrective status and ownership, and obtain updates when corrective action has been taken.
Access to real time data
Intuitive dashboard allows for monitoring of scheduled inspections, reported incidents, incidents marked open or closed, resources assigned to correct and actions taken to correct.
Expedite hazard, alert and recall notifications
Instantly burst out notifications to appropriate hospital and departmental personnel. And, if the alert or recall is equipment related, automatically access and search the equipment management database to locate specific assets and equipment to quickly remove from service.
Increase effectiveness of what gets measured
With the ability to create hospital specific, environment of care and JCAHO-related performance indicators, key hospital personnel are able to review and report against these indicators at all levels: from the overall health system; to individual hospitals, departments, assets and equipment; down to a single type of incident.
Create reports with ease and meet compliance responsibilities
Increase reporting and compliance capabilities related to hospital safety life codes, statement of condition standards, and external requirements such as those set forth by JCAHO and the FDA. Develop roll-up reporting for all locations and facilities, or drill-down into a specific incident.
Standardize processes and procedures
Ensure all hospital personnel associated with managing the hospital safety plan and procedures, including executives, safety directors, risk managers, facility managers and biomedical engineers, are instantly and consistently informed and can respond to all safety-related issues.
Features and functionality of Safety Manager
Scheduled and Routine Incident Reporting Portal
- Accessible from any hospital computer
- Log issues according to domain, classification, type, location and urgency
- Manage and schedule environment of care (EOC) inspections
- Search for previously-logged incidents to avoid duplication
- Capture thorough and useful data at the time of incident reporting
- Burst hazards, alerts and recall communications, and attach associated documentation
- Auto-alert through email and pagers when a specific incident requires escalated notification
- Reduce the time required to manage safety information with centralized, automated workflow processes Tracking and Taking Corrective Action
- Assignment to individual or multiple service personnel
- Assigned resource is able to document, for auditing purposes, suggested action, notes, start and end dates, and total time expended
- Attach documentation to satisfy procedural, training, hazards and alerts, and preventive maintenance requirements
- Schedule auto-reminder on or before due dates
- Auto-escalation when issue is not addressed according to requested time, date or priority
- At completion of corrective action, root cause information is documented, and originating user and other identified personnel are notified of resolution
Reporting and Performance Management
- Enter, notify and track identified areas of corrective action during scheduled environment of care rounds
- Define, track and report against specific performance indicators
- Report, identify trends and benchmark at all levels: health system, hospital, department, asset and individual incident type
- Create user-defined reports for regulatory compliance, trending, benchmarking and overall analysis
- Utilize real-time, comprehensive data and reporting for safety and risk management committee meetings Facility and Asset Management Integration
- Integrate with hospital CMMS solutions, and automatically create work orders for issues related to facility assets, clinical assets and medical devices
- See status of work order within Safety Manager incident record
- Systematically track work performed, and link results and corrective actions into Safety Manager User Interface
- Web-based and deployable across the enterprise, enabling single and multiple hospital views
- Password-protected, allowing only authorized users to login, report incidents and access specific safety information
- Dashboard view summarizes an individual's reported incidents, status of incidents, alerts and reminders, and resolution notifications
- Create user-defined links to external safety resources such as ECRI, RASMAS, JCAHO, FDA and other published hazard/recall sites
- HIPAA compliant
- All information documented directly within incident record
- Customize fields according to hospital procedures and requirements
- Individual and group notification capabilities
- Systematically audits and documents changes, date and time of changes, and last person to edit record
- Search engine capabilities to locate specific alerts, documentation and suggested corrective actions
- Document attachment and storage capabilities
- Multiple levels of security