This application is tailored to the needs of Central Supply and Materials Management. The software manages mobile equipment logistics and puts information about an asset's location, utilization, condition and safety performance at your fingertips.
Used by leading healthcare organizations, our solution gives you the ability to better control the entire logistics process, including Request, Order, Issue, Deploy , Pick up and Bill to ensure that you have the right asset in the right place at the right time.
The system also provides real-time data including pending distribution and collection requests, patient/room assignments, and patient-level utilization, giving you the ability to fully leverage your asset base to significantly reduce capital expenditures. When you control asset logistics and utilization, you can reduce the size of the asset base, reducing capital requirements, while ensuring that you are properly charged for leased equipment.
Asset Logistics and Utilization also accelerates the ROI of your RTLS system, such as RFID, by integrating EAM and Supply Chain Management functions. Optimize utilization and reap the rewards in the form of complete visibility, active control and the deployment of safe and operable equipment. St. Croix's standard Asset Tracking Interface can interface with any of the major RTLS systems.
Manage and utilize assets to their fullest capacity
Gain control over the entire utilization process for any given asset: Request-Order-Issue-Deploy-Pick up-Bill.
Increase operational and workforce productivity
Automate the utilization process and get functional equipment to the right place at the right time. Reduce equipment loss and hoarding, capture real-time utilization for owned or leased equipment, and capture equipment related patient revenue. Now, not only is logistics about optimization of assets and productivity, but about improved fiscal performance including revenue generation.
Make better decisions with instant access to vital information
Provide your entire workforce with complete real-time information—historical logistics, location, in-use status, pending usage—for leased and owned assets—located anywhere throughout the hospital. Know what's safe to use, what's pending preventive maintenance and what's due to come back into service.
Easily integrate and leverage associated hospital systems with ease
Feed and update your billing, financial, ADT, and reporting systems—in real time—to ensure maximum revenue capture, charge-backs, regulatory compliance, and pro-active maintenance and management of assets. Easily integrate with auto-identification technologies such as RFID or bar-code solutions to reduce losses from misplaced equipment and put idle assets back into use sooner.
Reduce unnecessary purchases and leasing
Do you really need more equipment, or can you do more with the assets you have? Track usage patterns—and all associated costs (lease interest, third-party maintenance contracts, and more)—to reveal the true cost of each asset and make better informed purchase/lease decisions.
Ensure compliance and minimize liability
Instantly call up the complete history of an asset's usage, maintenance, inspection schedule, safety data, FDA and JCAHO reports, and associated data. Access fully-auditable information in situations where risk management or safety may be an issue.
Features and functionality of Asset Logistics and Utilization
- Forecast sevice demand
- Manage optimal placement of assets throughout health system
- Log delivery information such as handler, date and time
- Track rental inventory and usage
- Manage cost benefits of purchase vs. rental based on utilization
- At issue, assign equipment to patient
- Assign handler
- Full cycle Request-Order-Issue-Delivery-Pick up-Bill
- Request patient-specific equipment delivery and pickup
- Capture patient equipment usage revenue with integration into admit/discharge records and patient billing systems
- HIPPA compliant
Auto Identification Integration
- Integrate with RFID, Bar Code, and PDA systems to track who delivered what, where and when—with minimal data entry System
- Utilizes St. Croix Systems' Asset Manager databases of fixed and mobile assets
- Easily integrates with St. Croix Systems' Decision Engine for business intelligence and reporting, Mobile Asset Manager for asset management and Service Requester for Web-based service requests
- Avoid duplicate data entry